Friday, August 11, 2006

Why my blog is called warm sping harbor lab

I invent the term Warm Spring Harbor Lab myself with the inspiration of the famous Cold Spring Harbor Lab, a international biological science research institute which sees the revolution of molecular biology. WSHL is a kind joke of CSHL. Another source is that the Anhui province, in which my university locates, actually have many warm springs in the Huangshan Mountain region. The third consideration is that I am always thinking of this term. I hope to set up such a institute in China, and promote the development of science in my country.

I used to think I am the first one to invent this term. However, I google it just now and found a papers in Science magazine published in 2004 had touched this name. Unfortunately, I fall behind.

No comments: