Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Still No Sense of Signaling Network Research

As the time of graduation is approaching, I still have no a clear sense of my research subject-insulin signaling network. I would like to admit my laziness and it is mostly because it is a very new and unclear research area. If I have also started with a traditional research, cell culture, gene cloning and purification of proteins, I would mostly finish my research. And now it is too late to switch to an easy topic and it is stupid to do that. Thank that I have read many enlightening papers in this area and learn to use some softwares, why should I give up. It won't be very difficult to graduate no matter what research you have did. It is just a try.

After I realized the above idea, I decided to read systematically publications in this area. Today I am reading the Science STKE Signaling Breakthroughs of the Year. And now another list of paper to be read (The number of papers in this list is increasing expotentially, I don't know when can I have my sense of them)

[1]G. Altan-Bonnet, R. N. Germain, Modeling T cell antigen discrimination based on feedback control of digital ERK responses. PLoS Biol. 3, e356 (2005).[CrossRef][Medline]

[2]J. R. Pomerening, S. Y. Kim, J. E. Ferrell, Jr., Systems-level dissection of the cell-cycle oscillator: Bypassing positive feedback produces damped oscillations. Cell 122, 565–578 (2005).[CrossRef][Medline]

[3]O. Brandman, J. E. Ferrell, Jr., R. Li, T. Meyer, Interlinked fast and slow positive feedback loops drive reliable cell decisions. Science 310, 496–498 (2005).[Abstract/Free Full Text]

No comments: